Thursday, October 9, 2008

Born To Be Wild

Uncle Dave and Rick

Rick's Aunt Polly and Uncle Dave ( who live in North Carolina) called to let us know that they were going to be in Salt Lake for some meetings and they wanted to stop by and say hi. They had their bikes shipped over to Salt Lake (ouch, that had to cost ) and decided to take a Bike ride home. This part of Colorado was not on their way and the closet place where we could meet was Moab. Rick left work early and we headed to Moab ( 2 1/2 -3 hours away). We had dinner with them and went out for Ice Cream afterward and visited with them until we had to head home. It was so nice to see them it has been awhile. Their Bikes were really sweet and rick tries to talk me into getting him one. I tell him that his Dirt bike is just enough. The kids loved the bikes and thought that Polly and Dave were cool . we had such a good time, the long drive was worth the 2 hours that we visited with them. I hope it won't be long until we see them again.




Kylie is looking pretty sweet, but check out Tanner's face we could not have planned it any better. He looks the part, you will see a tooth pick in his mouth, dad's shades and the cool thunder birds stare. And Yes, he did try to start the Bike, which Uncle Dave helped him with.
(click on the pic so you can see his face better)


Check out our Biker Babes


4 comments:

Candice said...

Wow! That looks like fun! That's quite the drive! :) Such cute kids! I SO wish you were closer so Cameron and Tanner could play. Cam would totally LOVE him! :)

christine said...

i think you and rick should get some bikes, i can totally see you guys cruising around town! what a fun little trip, and great to see family from that far away.

Ramanda said...

I like Rick in that picture! He looks really good! And Tanner...oh my gosh!! That kid cracks me up! I am suprised that I didn't just drive away! You guys are good family to drive that far away to visit family.

summersmom said...

So I don't think we've ever met, but I have been stopping in to read your blog from time to time and catch up on family. My dad is Rick's Uncle Bob, which would make me cousin Kacy. I love reading about the kids and you guys and today I read this blog entry and got a little teary eyed. I remember looking up to Rick alot as a kid when we'd visit during the summer's and it makes me sad that I really don't know you guys. It sounds like you had a great visit with Dave and Polly and if you have more pics I'd love to see them!