Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gone but not Forgotten.......I hope

I hope that you haven't forgotten or given up on us. My bad, it seems when i wanted to sit down and update the blog ,i got busy or just wasn't feeling up to it and before i knew it, months had passed. I thought that time flew by fast but it wasn't until i noticed when the last time i was on here that its been way to long. I thought that instead of really back tracking of what went on i thought that i would post a few of the pics that were taken and then move on with the New Year with better aspirations of keeping up on my blog. We shall see how it goes.




When tanner was 2 he wanted a buzz lightyear and woody, it was his favorite toys, he sure loved them. when we went to Disneyland when he was 2 1/2 and i thought he would love it but i think that the real buzz and woody kinda of scared him a little or he was just a little star struck. he was speechless. we found a little boy in our ward who loves woody and these toys needed to be played with again so we gave them to Ty. and it sounds like they are loved again.

Hi welcome to my messy kitchen. The kids wanted to play restaurant. I made soup and bread sticks. They were so funny, they made menus and they took our order, gave us our drinks
and even did the clean up.......(Sydney and i and rick were the customers)

Tanner taking our order
kylie giving our check......(wait didn't i cook the meal i should get a discount...)




Halloween 2008 Fairy,Fiona, Star trooper ( don't check out my messy craft closet)



Yeah Pumpkin time...


Thanksgiving day and Christmas day was spent with some of the elderly in rifle. Carol (ricks mom) works at the rifle housing authority. She wanted to have a Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner for those who had no family coming to see them for the holidays. Carol and i cooked the turkeys and hams and brought drinks and some sides while they brought some to. The kids loved it , they were getting them drinks and helping them with their food. We had such a great time. It made my holidays so much brighter. I hope we can do this often.









Ricks Birthday cake..34 and still cute as ever......





Kylie is really getting into her Christmas concert or she just got done yawning j/k she was singing her heart out..





Rifle has a parade of light during the month of December. We bundled up and head down town to watch. We went and picked up some Hot Cocoa and Chili and some yummy fudge . sat and waited for the parade to start. Boy, was it cold ,but we had a great time.




We love the fire trucks and like any parade they were loud.


Let it snow. This was our first snow storm. We have had plenty of it since, yeah baby i love snow. so do the kids Sydney is showing me that its snowing.



Kylie made a Mohawk out of snow....



Tanners didn't turn out so well....




This Christmas season we had a nativity bandit. When i would set up the nativity set and spread it out on the table. Then a few days (or less) it would some how rearrange itself to form a tight circle around the baby Jesus. I started to watch to see who had done it and caught Tanner moving it around. After watching him i started to understand why he felt like he had to move them, I never did move them again and i think that in the years to come i will have them form a tight circle around baby Jesus. And a Little child shall lead them ....... Thanks Tanner,

8 comments:

Leah Tolle said...

I was wondering where you disappeared to! Glad you had a wonderful holiday. I love the restaurant pics. Oh, and the tank on my *OOOOOOLDER* cousin's bday cake. ;)

Happy 2009! :)

Stacy and Angela said...

You are alive! You never call you never write....Glad to see the update. I love all the pictures. Please tell me the shoes Kylie is wearing in the picture with her halloween costume were not yours from a certain someone's wedding...Are they???? If so 1)I can't believe you still have those, and 2)I can't believe they fit her!!!
Corbin still has his Buzz and Woody's. He is not able to part with them yet. He doesn't play with them but not ready to send them on. After all he was Woody for Halloween for 5 yes 5 years. Thank goodness he finally outgrew the costume. We still have it but it so does not fit!!!
Love you guys and thanks for the update!!!

Candice said...

Trace!! I have missed you! WAY cute pictures! Where does the time go? Hugs!

Ratchfords said...

Yay, you're back! Great pictures!

Liza said...

Bout time!!! Thanks for taking such good care of us,Thanks for sacrificing your blog to be our R.S.P.!!! You are all wonderful, I almost cried TWICE. Every boy in this house has had their buzz or woody moments. The nativity thing too WOW!

The Page Family said...

Great, you're back!! Great blog, love all the updates, your kids have such great imaginations!!

bullfrogranch said...

You're back. We love you and all the time you spend sacrificing and serving others. You are the best.

Cami & Co said...

Yay for more bloggy buddies!!! Liza gave me her blog address tonight and you are on her list of friends.WooHoo. Anyway I mostly wanted to let you know that I have a blog too. It's kind of boring because I can't find my camera. When I find it hopefully it will be more exciting. Anyways....

Love ya,
Cami